Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Michelangelo


Hi Hi dear sisters ...... thank you for coming by even though I can't blog as often now. Our sister babasan is in town from LA, so we (with cloudnine) all went for lunch at Michelangelo. Remember the cafe that Yong Joon patronized one late night when he was in Tokyo this March?


Michelangelo is located in the affluent neighbourhood of Daikanyama where swanky boutiques and chic cafes are at every corner. As we walked through the front entrance,

To the right is where Yong Joon sat,

This is to the left. The design conveys an open air feeling of an Italian Galleria where the atmosphere is both relaxed and upscale.

Yong Joon's table is at the far end, he sat at the end facing the sofa. Not exactly the best view, if I may add, unless you are in love with the person sitting across from you, hahaha! Just kidding, a small price a superstar has to pay, I'm sure our Yonsama much prefers privacy to view :)

I came with my husband a few weeks ago and had the pasta lunch, hehe that's why all the pictures were from then. This time we ordered the soup & sandwich set, both good :)


Hehe, we couldn't help but noticed quite a few tables were occupied by fans like us. Since it was not busy last time I came, the waiter was nice enough to tell me Yonsama came with 7 of his staffs that night. He wore his fedora and plain eyeglasses. I was a bit embarassed to draw more info from the waiter as I feel silly sometimes to trace Yong Joon's footsteps. But regardless of him being here or not, Daikanyama by itself is a shopping jewel where the fashionista shop and the stylish locals hang out.

The distinct Hollywood Art Deco Architecture

One of the many futuristic designs in Daikanyama

Quaint little shops everywhere

A very pretty boutique with dreamy beautiful clothes, I love! @@

You can't miss this 315 yen store, everything so 'pretty in pink', for girls of course!

This corner hat shop on Hachiman Dori is fabulous! It has so many avant-garde hat designs, casual or formal, there is absolutely no reason you can't find one suitable for your face. Hehe, cloudnine told me rumour has it that Yonsama dropped by here to look for, what else? another FEDORA! Hahaha, please don't throw stones at me, I didn't sell him that 'good ol fedora'!


Hope you enjoy!

11 comments:

jenny said...

Hi jaime

You were so lucky to be base in Japan, where you can trace yong joon foodsteps there . Eh how long you will be in Japan? The place look relaxing, good for chit chatting with friends and the food look good.

Lastly to let you know the original autograph has already frame nicely so no chance to hold or touch it. He he he he he

Love

Jenny

gosijo said...

Hi Jaime,

He he, one more for the itinerary, "perhaps"! Is your verdict on Michelangelo's food only "good"? What about the price?

vegas said...

Dear Lady Jaime,

It's wonderful to read your posts. I trust all is well with you. As usual, I'm playing "catch up with blogs" today...lol I don't know when life got so hectic.

No matter, I am here to say thanks for all the sharing. Whether you are following BYJ's footsteps or not, you have a fantastic way of presenting to us the many places you have visited. Your "personal touch" on each post is what I also enjoy.

As gosijo mentioned, "one more for the itinerary" is right. So many places to vist, I'd better be sure to plan to stay long enough to enjoy everything I can. (in the near future I hope)

I hope you and Cloud Nine enjoyed your visit with ba-ba san.

take good care and thanks much!

Hydee Pole Photography said...

Dear Jaime!
Thanks for the lovely pictures and experiences you shared.. As what Jen had said, you and other sisters are soooo lucky to be there.. I could only sigh from far away.
Thanks again.
Love,
Hyds

Chunderella's Closet said...

Hello Jaime,
Wonderful site I wish I can visit Japan sometime!How are you bae sisters I just set up my own blog actually I don't know what the heck I have to do?It need alot of improvements.Please if you check out it leave me a comment on how can I do it much much better...;-)
www.abebegirl.com
Newbie

jaime said...

Hi Jenny,

sorry for the late reply. I am glad you find this area interesting. I'll definitely go back to shop :) Have a nice weekend!

love .. jaime

jaime said...

dear gosijo,

I think for a tourist, whose schedule is so tight, will not find Daikanyama worth visiting. It's more for locals to hang out. There are many more world famous sites to visit.

Yes, pasta and sandwich are good, not spectacular, there are many better restaurants in Tokyo. A coffee at Michelangelo costs 730 yen, about C$9! Pasta lunch 1890yen, about C$23, and the portion is small. My 13 yo son can gobble up 2 dishes in a row and is still hungry! It's true that everything in Japan is much more expensive, but its beauty and uniqueness more than compensates everything else. Have a nice weekend!

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Dear Lady Vegas,

Thank you for dropping by. I know what you mean, we are so busy with our family, our own interests are always being pushed back to the bottom of the list. I think you will enjoy visiting Japan and feel the familiarity since you understand Japanese. Please take it easy.

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Hi Hyds,

Please don't feel bad, we are all in the same boat :) Yong Joon is so private, it's really hard to be his fan. Unlike other stars, there is not even any public venue to see and support him. Hope your studying is going well!

love .. jaime

jaime said...

Hi HI newbie,

thank you for giving me the link to your site. It's wonderful and so hip! I love what you posted, have you got any of those items? You live in California, am sure there are fabulous shops. I love fashion and shopping too, but probably closer to the age of your mom :) As you know, Tokyo is one of the world's fashion capital, so I am pretty busy myself tracking down all the fabulous fashion here. Please keep up the great work!

love .. jaime

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jaime and Bae sisters:
Greetings even on a three day stormy weather in university town where summer classes have started. We appreciate your creative postings and we rather miss them. We hope everything is fine with you. Good health and happy days, double your portion.
Sarang Hamnida,
josephine pasricha