Thursday, October 8, 2009

A week to cherish - II


Hi hi sisters ..... I was kind of hesitant about writing a full report on the Dome Events. First, thanks to all the heartfelt reactions and detailed reports this past week, I don't feel that my writeup can offer any value-add to whatever's been said. Second, seeing Yonsama this time around really felt like seeing an old friend again - calm & sweet, but no thunder or lightning striking my head. Third, drawing from last year's Osaka Premium Event, I learn not to have high expectation of much 'alone' time with Yong Joon among the presence of other performers. But once again, Yong Joon proved me wrong and showed us how much he treasured and loved his family.


The setup inside the Dome - there were 2 parts to the stage, the main stage where the orchestra was situated and the 2 giant snowmen as the backdrop (hehe of course, we had no idea at that time these gigantic balloons were the highlight of the show :)

A long runway extended to the center of the dome where a center stage was set up, surrounded by brightly-lit trees.

When Yong Joon appeared at the main stage under the sweet melody of Winter Sonata, we all screamed and cheered for our prince.

He looked so handsome in his short hair, so chic in that graduated 2-tone coat sweater.

He walked slowly and gallantly like a knight towards Choi Jiwoo, who also looked stunning waiting at the center stage. It seemed like MinHyung and Yujin came alive again after 7 years, they looked at each other, smiled and Yong Joon embraced her in his arms :)

We broke down and applauded again. For those fans who are captivated by Winter Sonata, this represents the dream couple with the purest and unselfish love. Hers is a Miu Miu, don't know much about his sweater though. Hehe, don't you think the colors of their outfits actually complemented each other?

Next, the formal interview of the 'voice' cast of the Anime

To be honest, the line of sight from my seat was blocked by the frame of the center stage and those sparkling trees, so I really could not see Yong Joon on the stage the whole time. But this didn't dampen my spirit at all, I felt grateful already that I was under the same roof as Yong Joon. The 2 interesting things that I heard during the interview were : Yong Joon pointed out that the girl actress kept referring him as ajussi, but CJW as unni; his expression was so cute :) And when the other actors were speaking in Japanese, poor Yong Joon said originally he had planned to speak in Japanese too, but he forgot it all when he suffered from a high fever. CJW joked that she didn't have a fever, but still she forgot her Japanese too! Sigh, I can relate to what they were saying, I forgot most of what I learned too after my anxiety attacks earlier this year :(


After the interview, Yong Joon and CJW re-appeared in their stunning black attire - him looking sexy in a black suit and her in a sparkly dress AND that infamous shocking pink super spiky heels! I guess this year's high heels prove to be a challenge even for chic, elegant actress/model like CJW. She seemed to have a little difficulty maneuvering her way through the slanted slopes on the runway. She instinctively held onto the strong arm of that perfect gentleman walking next to her, and we again cheered happily for this heartwarming scene.


By now, our Yong Joon had changed his eyeglasses too, from the thick dark frame to this softer tortoise shell frame. He looked so handsome and gentle @@
They performed the voice acting on stage based on the script which Yujin taught JunSang the way to make friends - walking one step at a time closer to others. Eventhough we have watched this scene 100 times, it's so wonderful to watch the facial expressions of CJW and Yong Joon saying those lines. You know at the end, Yong Joon even closed his eyes as if JunSang was enjoying the gentle breeze blowing to his face while riding on the bicycle :)


Now, the MCs had been mentioning to us about the BIG surprise. We really had no idea what we should be expecting. Even though Yong Joon going around the Dome like in Osaka did cross my mind, but people were still pacing back and forth in the main aisle, so what could the BIG surprise be? Suddenly, I saw the 2 big snowmen in the main stage started to rise slowly. Then it dawned on me that these were actually 2 hot air balloons, Yong Joon and CJW were going to float around the Dome to greet us! Everyone broke into loud cheers :)


The 2 balloons each moved in opposite directions, hehe of course 99.9% of the heads turned to our prince's side. We saw Yong Joon's balloon floated up & down & around, so all 3 levels of the audience got a fair chance to be close to him. Wherever the balloon was or whichever way Yong Joon turned, we would see commotions and cheers from that section. Yong Joon's balloon moved much slower than CJW's, the 2 balloons finally met at one point. Haha, we realized the idea was the snowmen balloons were supposed to kiss just like in Winter Sonata, how brilliant!



Seeing the tremendous love pouring out from the family, and how much Yong Joon was touched by it, I secretly wish that this moment could last forever. And you know what happened? The balloon really turned around and went again for the 2nd round! Omigosh, we really went wild at that time, he is just too good and considerate to us! It was not easy standing in that box, with half of his body exposing and being swayed back and forth. You see, the movement of that balloon was manually controlled by the 4 cables being pulled by 4 men on the ground (not as technically sophisticated as I thought)!


CJW was also very graceful and kept waving to the fans. When she passed over our section, she actually blew a kiss to us and we were overjoyed :) She really is a very stunning and elegant woman. Now it's Yong Joon's balloon which flew over us, I felt like my adrenaline was rushing through my whole body and my blood had shot up to my brain. I waved and cheered happily together with other sisters. It really didn't matter that he only saw us as a sea of faces below, it's our pure love and sincere hearts that we wanted to send up to him.


When the Event came to a close, Yong Joon and CJW appeared again. This time, CJW had switched into a pair of more-walkable grey high heels, but still they came out hand in hand and stood on the center stage ready to say goodbye. The turntable began to lower and lower, our cute Yong Joon kept making the hand signal to raise the platform back up! He looked so happy and relieved when the platform went up again :) Maybe this time we did have the luxury of seeing Yong Joon again the next day, I was very content and happy when the event ended. See, how many times can we afford to say "See you tomorrow, Yong Joon!" It was windy and drizzling outside the Dome, I was hungry and exhausted, but I looked up the dark sky and was very grateful for what was given to me today :)

.... to be continued

24 comments:

Marce said...

Hi Jaime,
Thank you very much, thanks cause you share your experience with us. To read you is like to live that moment. I m so happy because you was able to be there.
I just have no words, take care and God bless you my beautiful sis.
Hope Yong Joon will get 100% healthy soon.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jaime and Bae sisters:

Thank you for capturing the preciousity of the moment with Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo in Tokyo. You have a special gift of noting the meaningful details of the encounter. And your responses are very unique and distinct.
I just hope that all of you Bae sisters have sent Bae Yong Joon an in-feeling of positive thoughts up there in the air and over to Korea to keep him safe and healthy and fulfilled. His sickness is not only caused by overwork over a book -- who can interview and photograph and write about thirteen artists in one year without getting exhausted? That is just like single-handedly characterizing thirteen characters in a TV drama/movie! Most of his sickness is caused by tension and anxiety to please his fans and excel in his new endeavor of writing and photography.
We just have to reassure him that he has done well, it is a job well done. No need to worry.
Sarang Hamnida,
josephine

jaime said...

Dear Marce,

Thanks for reading my account. Sorry if I had nothing new to offer but I just need to write this down in my record. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

love .... Jaime

lily said...

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for sharing the unforgettable experienced you had to our Baesis' and to our dear Yong Joon!
I enjoyed reading it... oohh how i wished i was there too!!!

I hope you & YJ-ssi could find time to relax & be in your best of health... You're both exhausted
physically & mentally.

"When things are not working as we
expect them to be, take it as God's subtle way of teaching us to grow. The process may be difficult
but it will surely bring the best
out of you."


God Bless Jaime... ^-^

jaime said...

Dear Josephine,

Sorry for not writing for so long.
Even though I do not know too much about Yong Joon's condition, but I could feel that anxiety last week.

That came into my thought too when I heard he had to learn so many kinds of crafts in a year's time and write about it. Most authors usually write on topics they have known their whole lives and are knowledgeable about. No wonder Yong Joon is under so much stress to finish his book in such a short time! Eventhough I have the Japanese version, I also hope we can read an English version very soon.

Thank you always for your kind and supportive words. Please take caRe!

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Dear Lily,

Thank you so much for offering your words of wisdom. I sure will take it to heart.

hehe, I dare not compare myself with Yong Joon but I did suffer a lot of aches and pain last week. I'll say I am more than compensated emotionally by the love and care from our dear Bae sisters :)

Thanks for reading and please take care!
love .... jaime

Unknown said...

Hi jaime

True that most of us would have updated ourselves on what happened at Tokyo Dome but I still yearned to read your account cos your writing breathes so much life into what we have read but cannot experience. . . and yes, you have not disappointed.

now, eagerly awaiting part III :)

cheers
alcy

P.S. I believe that crises make us grow into better people once we survive them . . . my prayers will be with you

gosijo said...

Dear Jaime, I'm so glad you shared your own take on our YJ week and the Dome events. Each account we read paints a clearer picture and each writer brings her own cherished point-of-view.

Me too, looking forward to the next instalments.

cecy said...

HOLA JAIME, TE AGRADEZCO POR MOSTRARNOS TAN BELLAS IMAGENES Y VIVENCIAS, YO AUN ESTOY EMOCIONADA Y COMPARTO TU ALEGRIA, ES COMO SI YO TAMBIEN HUBIERA ESTADO AHI.
SALUDOS, CON CARIÑO CECY MEXICO.

miauw said...

DEAR JAIME....

SERIOUSLY... I LIKE THE SEE THEM BOTH IN EVERY SCENE IN DRAMA WINTER SONATA... I REALLY LOVE TO SEE THEM TOGETHER.. THERE SEEMS MAIN TO BE TOGETHER... I'M DIE HARD FANS OF WINTER SONATA... I LOVE KOREA BECOUSE OF THEM...

KANG JUN SANG N CHUNG YU JIN... THERE MAKE MY LIVE HAPPY WHEN WATCHING WINTER SONATA...

WINTER SONATA PLAYS IN MALAYSIA IN 2002... AT THAT TIME I ONLY IN 12 YEARS OLD...I BUY THE VCD IN 2003... I COLLECT MY MONEY TO BUY THE VCD... HEHEHE...

AND NOW I'M 19 YEARS OLD... IF I HAVE MY OWN MONEY... AND READY TO GO TO KOREA TO VISIT DRAMA WS CASTING SET... ESPECIALLY THEIR SCHOOL AND NAMI ISLAND....

LASTLY... I LOVE WINTER SONATA, BYJ AND CJW.... THE SEEMS VERY SWEET... NO ACTOR OR ACTRESS CAN CHALLENGES THEM IN EVERY PART AND BE LIKE THEM.... SO SWEET...

jenny said...

Dear Jaime

Welcome back. How are u ? I think u shld hv recover by now . Thanks so much for sharing your two days unforgetable experience with us. For the past weeks i have read a lot of update and fan encounters on our prince events. Is was so touching till my tear flow while reading it although i did not attend the event. I can imagine how is the feeling of you and those at the same venue with him .

Only one word can describe our prince is he is incredible. Because of him the close bond among the families thru out the world is so fantastic. Whenever and whatever he do will touch our heart. All of us was so worry jaime when the news of his health come out before the event .Hope he will recover soon.

Hope u will a nice and wonderful weekend.

Take care

Jenny

P/s : BYJ & CJW is a perfect couple. hahaha

karen said...

Hi hi Jaime,

How are you, Jaime ?? Finally your are back and sharing with us the 2 important event. I always come to your blog to check it out YJ-ssi updates. Me so eager to read your Part III. We are so excited waiting for the news update in front of our pc last week even we can't attend the event but our spirit is there with the family.

Hope YJ-ssi will recover soon & you, Jaime will recover from your exhaustion.

Have a nice weekend ya.

p/s: Jaime & Jen, 100% agreed YJ-ssi & CJW is a perfect couple, hope one day we can see them together...hehehee...

Luv.Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,

It was nice to meet you at the sisters' gathering on the 30th. Sept, after Yong Joon ssi's event.

As I have mentioned to you before, I truly enjoy reading your blog. You have a unique and beautiful way of expressing yourself and this time even more so as I get to reminisce the beautiful event again.

Reading your blog - remembering the sequence of events on that night, i can still feel the close connection with him, the minute he came on stage. I could feel his aura, the energy and his love for us and vice versa flowing through the dome.

The experience is truly amazing and one I will never forget.

Lastly, I am happy that through him, I got to know many sisters across the region.

Take care.

love,
marilyn (Malaysia family)

jaime said...

Dear alcy,

Thank you so much for your kindness and supportive words. I will be strong and try my best to complete Day 2 :) please excuse me if I am slow.

love .... jaime

jaime said...

dear gosijo,

trust that by now you are back safe and happy with your family. hope you had a wonderful time in tokyo. maybe we'll see each other again in his next event?

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Dear Cecy,

I am happy that you enjoy the images, it was indeed a wonderful experience.

May I ask you a favour? Would you mind writing or translating your comments to English for me please?
Thanks!

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Hi Hi Miauw,

Thank you for writing to me expressing your love for Winter Sonata. Me too, am a diehard fan of WS. Honestly at first, I didn't feel much about CJW playing Yujin as she does not fit into my type of beautiful woman. But after seeing her in person in this Anime event, I have a new appreciation of her. She is really a very stunning and elegant woman, has a commanding presence of a movie star. Moreover, Yong Joon and her look like a dream couple on stage.
Chuao :)

regards ... Jaime

jaime said...

Dear jenny,

Yes, I think you are so right. Seeing BYJ is a very draining experience, both physically and emotionally. BYJ gave so much love to his family and we also return our love to him. No wonder our prince's health got worse after 2 such bug events. Me too, I hope he will stay put for a while and rest until he is 100% recovered :)

Sob sob, I am sorry that you cried but I can understand especially knowing that he felt so sick. Hope you feel better now.

love ... jaime

jaime said...

Dear karen,

thank you for checking up on my blog and sorry that I am so late in updating. Yes, I wish too that Yong Joon's kazoku can all attend his events to experience the power of his love. Pray for our prince's health and happiness.

Please take care!
love .... Jaime

jaime said...

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your kind words. I feel I am so inadequate to fully describe the events but fortunately there are videos out already on the 2 events. Me too, I can never forget all the Yong Joon's events, they will remain forever in my heart.

Btw, I am happy to meet you and the Malaysian family too. The buffet dinner was good, wasn't it? Thanks for writing to me.

love .... Jaime

Unknown said...

Take your time jaime . . . patience is my middle name :)

vegas said...

My Dear Lady Jaime,

It's wonderful to read your posts! I do hope you are feeling better. You have once again captured the essence of the events. Even though I was not there physically, I can enjoy and almost feel as if I was because of your wonderful writing. I'm so happy to read about your meeting YJ again and also meeting with all the Baesisters from all over. I do hope everyone had a great time together.

Please continue to take good care of yourself.
Many thanks again for all the sharing!!

hugs and love to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,

Please take all the time you want to blog on the second event.

Meanwhile take care, rest well and have a good weekend.

Rgds,
marilyn

p/s: yes, the buffet was fantastic but I was meeting so many sisters that I couldn't eat much.:)

jaime said...

Dear Lady Vegas,

So nice to hear from you again. I am happy that you enjoy reading about the events. I am embarassed as I have forgotten some details in the events as I only remember the parts about Yong Joon :)

There were alot of overseas fans and how I wish you could be there too. Hehe, maybe I don't know too many fans, I haven't met anyone from US other than Snowflakes.

Please stay in touch!
love ... jaime