Friday, September 7, 2007

Baa Baa Black Sheep

I hope this article does not appear to be insensitive to Yong Joon’s GQ interview. Hope this silly piece will bring a smile to your beautiful face today……. (published May 2006)




So Yong Joon ssi, you feel trapped in a circle and do not have any freedom? No worry, Dr. Jaime is coming to the rescue!

J : “Yong Joon ssi, how about asking all Bae sisters to rotate and each spend a day along your side?”

B : “Jaime ssi, didn’t you read my GQ interview OR HAVE YOUR MIND BEEN EXPORTED TO LALA LAND THIS WEEK?!”

J : “No no no, please let me finish…. You know, our sisters all speak different languages, possess different personalities, backgrounds and talents. We can share our unique cultures and experiences with you. Since you have such an enormous appetite for knowledge, I am sure you’ll find each of us to be an interesting companion rather than a burden. In the meantime, the rest of the sisters can just wait patiently for their turn and not follow you around anymore. This way you’ll get your freedom back and also not feel lonely, sounds good? There is even a fringe benefit - you’ll be fluent in 278 languages around the world after talking to all of us! No? Bad idea?”

B : “Do you have a plan B, Jaime ssi?”, frowning and shaking his gorgeous head.

J : “Huh, plan B? What plan B? There’s no plan B, only BBBBB (courtesy of vegas and bb : Baetiful Brainy Big Butt Babe), Yong Joon ssi.”, scratching my head with the usual out-of-sync look on my dumb face.





So counting those baa baa black sheep didn’t work, huh? Still, no need to resort to those high-priced psychiatrist and pills when you have ‘moi’! I am known for my babbling skill and longwinded comments, two minutes talking to me and I guarantee you’ll be sleeping like a baby! Don’t believe me? Here’s my credential :

One night, my husband and I were tossing and turning in bed for an hour and could not fall asleep. Out of nowhere, he blurted out the FOUR English words which have never been known to come out from a married man’s mouth before - “YOU WANT TO TALK?”. Instantly, my eyes were wide open, I smiled contentedly to myself and proceeded to babble away. Just five (I swear), five sentences into my glorious speech, I heard a ‘guzzzzz…..’ sound blasting at an increasing volume from the other side! Enough said ladies and gentlemen - I rest my case!

Now, I normally would not tear myself away from my glamorous ‘ajumma’ life to provide such hypnosis service. But for you, big guy, I am willing to bend my rules a little. I will move into your apartment (Calm down! Calm down! No need to be alarmed, I understand, living room only, right? You sleep on the sofa, I sleep on the floor.), not without condition though : start ordering those 450 threadcount Egyptian pima cotton bedsheets and downfilled pillows eh - goose down, not duck! Ah-lae-ji?





Despite my kicking and screaming objection, the eager Bae sisters have already decided the rotation by a last name basis. My last name happens to start with Z (I kick my husband for asking me to change my name from A to Z!). If I do the Math right, Yong Joon ssi, I guess I’ll meet you in Seoul in 20 years 3 months and 18 days. Have a wheelchair ready for me at the airport, ok? In the mean time, sweet dreams!

14 comments:

MYMY said...

first again....... ahh onni? i think we were really sisters in the past life. why? i just post something in my blog about row row row ur boat and ur baa baa black ship??!?!?! o_o
hehe, no its not insensitive...
and the alphabetical order is from the last name???? mines now is S was C but i think i can also use the G........
NO! no in not married and im definetely not divorced. Promise!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime and mymy,

Well, my last name starts with P, so here's what I suggest -- I propose that we start at the end of the alphbet and work backwards! (Or we can just start with P, that's fine with me!!!!)

And if he can't sleep while I'm with him, I'll pop WLS into his dvd player -- I'm sure it would bore him to sleep and I could stay up all night watching him as Min-hyung while he slept!!

love,
coco

gosijo said...

Thanks for the memories, dear Jaime (lol).

Another "plus" of re-posting your gems is that your countdown now stands at a mere 18 years 11 months and 18 days! If our dear prince embarks on another TWSSG-like project, it'll have wittled down to 14 years before you even see the first episode!

mymy's comments hint at a possible solution for you, though. No, no, I'm not advocating divorce! How about hyphenating? Or reverting back to your maiden name?

But before you take those steps, I too would vote that we reconsider on the alpha order. Starting from the end makes much more sense to me (I'm S). All in favour?

.....

Ah, that AS DC bus station scene! i like, i like, i like, as would say a blogger we all love!

vegasbyj said...

Another wonderful post!
You have put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.
What a great way to start my day!!
LOVED IT!

Best you get yourself a "countdown thingee" for yourself - you could add one to your blog.

Finished watching First Love last night - mini marathon with hubby. He really enjoyed it. Next - HWRL - got him hooked.

Take care and Have a Wonderful Weekend!!

ps: I can relate to those four words...lol

Anonymous said...

Yes
yes
yes
My two last names begin with A
so I think is my turn now

All my life I had to hand in myy homework first
do my exponetions first
was call first for anything
but now it all whorth it

So I''l quit my job
pack my bags
and run to the airport

I promise to do anything it takes
to make him fall asleep.


I hope he reads your blog it way to funny, he might enjoy it.



Moontime

Anonymous said...

I love this ..
I love his picture from ASDC. This scene is my favorite in ASDC. He is like a person who is very nervous and excited to see his lover on the first date. So natural ...

jaime said...

my dear mymy,

Thank you for being so sweet and generous to call me onni. hehe, I am more than old enough to be your mommy in this life. hehe, maybe you'll be the mommy and I'll be the kid in our next life, how's that?

love .... jaime onni

jaime said...

hi chief,

can I stay up and watch WLS w/ you and HRH all night?

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hahaha gosijo, isn't it pathetic that we have no idea when we're able to watch TWSSG episode 1 (in the language we can comprehend)??
but hey, we have waited 2 years for it after April Snow, I think I can wait a few more months ;)

p.s. I was in the mall today where we had drinks last time. There is a nice tea shop opened up serving varieties of Japanese and Moroccan tea, very interesting and unique, want to try it out next time? :)

jaime said...

oh vegas, you finished FL, how do u like it? Chanwoo is like a magnet eh? I am so drawn to his determination, intelligence and strength. I wish they put more emphasis on the development of his relationship w/ Sukee. So, what's the next one?

jaime said...

hahaha moontime, you start w/ 'A'?
I can totally empathize w/ you. the 'A' students always have to go first when they present their projects, read their book reports or hand in their tests.

But hey, look at it from the bright side, they also get their first turn to go to the washroom while the 'Z's (like me) have to hold it till all the letters of the alphabets are done! :(

jaime said...

yeah, me too, yee. I love this added bus terminal scene, thanks to the AS Director's Cut. Nowthat you mentioned it, I haven't watched AS for a long time, maybe it's time to slip DVD in the player tonight ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chinggu!

Hmmm, okay! The doc's starts with P, mymy's G, gosijo's S, Chinggu's Z, Moontime's A, while mine's T. If the line starts with Z or A(I prefer Z first, hehehehe! coz it will take only 6 letters to reach T) so, that means Gosijo, Doc, Mymy & Moontime will follow after Chinggu & my turn. Aha! maybe I'll do some magic spells to make rotation stop during my turn & let HRH sleep beside me forever????? Hahahahhahaha!

Love this memorable post. Keep them coming coz we all wanted to be reminded of how we come to LOVE YOU THIS MUCH! And BTW, since you want HRH waiting for you at the airport with a wheelchair ready, I'm thinking of a stretcher for me coz I won't be able to sit, stand, walk & then faint or even mumble any words after seeing HRH in front of me. OMG's will come out endlessly, non-stop!

Love you lots,
judy

jaime said...

WHAT?! chinggu, I said TALK, not SLEEP w/ HRH. If it is, then I would not let it go beyond Z ~@@~