Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lost Art of Letter Writing

My dear sisters, this has been one of those lazy Sunday afternoon with practically every single family member away doing something fun or meaningful except 'yours truly'. As I looked 360 degrees around my room, well, everything looks in-place and spotless to me. I wonder if you are the same way, but if I notice my picture on the wall just 5 degrees tilted to the right or my table lamp is 2 cm off center, I can’t wait another second to shift them back to their rightful positions. When my belongings – be it apparel, paperwork, household knicks knacks (and now those thousands BYJ pictures and videos) are not properly organized, categorized, I will walk around feeling my life is not in order, incurably out of control. Hahaha, I hope I don’t sound too much like a freak!


Anyway, so I decided I am going to use this quiet and leisure afternoon to go through some old dust-covered letters hidden at the back of the cabinet. These letters were means of exchange with my girlfriends back in the old days, long before the popularity of emails and cell phones. What beautiful memories they bring back with each line expressed such caring and love between 2 innocent young women. The pure and warm words scripted on those pretty craft paper embossed with floral and butterfly motifs. Regrettably these friends are long lost and have become a part of my fading memory only. How I long for that glorious era of letter writing again!


I find this ‘lost art’ back in the wonderful BYJ world. Floral motifs are now replaced with the gorgeous face of our King but the pure love and warmth shared in the letters between the ‘young at heart’ women are of the same nature. We find another medium to express our admiration for our noble King. I especially like the softness and tranquility in these designs, thanks to conan and yahcho for their original artworks. Please enjoy!



4 comments:

gosijo said...

Hi Jaime, it's so true that hand-written letters on actual paper, especially those with lovely patterns, have a permanence that e-mails and text messages don't quite have!

I preciously keep the notes sent/given by a few bae-sisters over the past year and a half.

Now, about organizing "stuff" at home, you're lucky to be caught up. I think I would need a six-month leave from work to get our place in the state I'd like it to be!

Caught up with the three episodes, though. Even though I'm looking forward to seeing YJ in the Damdeok role, I really like the child actors playing the earlier years roles.

vegasbyj said...

HI Jaime!
Hi Gosijo!

Your post makes me wonder how many kids today know how to write letters. With our technology today, it seems the art of letter writing is no more. The use of emails, text messaging and abbreviations have taken over. I can certainly understand why you would cherish handwritten letters.

It was a lazy Sunday for me. Just took time to enjoy the day...and watching K-dramas. Got hooked on Summer Scent - just wanted to check the discs a friend lent me and ended up watching a couple of episodes. Also, I want to re-watch TWSSG before I start ep 4 & 5 this week.

Thanks for a great post!
Have a Great Week!

jaime said...

hi dear gosijo,

looks like we all face with that humonguous task of house cleaning sooner or later. I have taken a 10 year leave from work and I am sorry to inform you midear, I am still cleaning up! It seems like things are accumulating faster than being dispatched. I am sure you have a better system than me in managing this :)

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hi hi vegas,

you had a lazy Sunday afternoon too, how nice! You know, sometimes it's really a treat to have the day all to yourself and absolutely nothing to do. But hehe, I don't think it's possible anymore once you become a BYJ fan, there are just endless wonderful videos to watch :) Have a great week ahead!

love .... jaime