Monday, September 10, 2007

Failure to Connect

By now, I think the dust has settled, the east side of the Bae world has slipped into sweet dreams while the west side is half way into their day. I am happy to learn that so many overseas sisters were able to watch the TWSSG Special. You’ve probably read about many success connection stories from the Asian and US family, now to maintain that equilibrium in life, how about hearing the flip side - a failure Canadian perspective? (trust me sis, you'll soon get used to these failure stories from me) :


I have a mission, an important mission this morning (yes yes, apart from making the bed and cleaning up after breakfast), my King is finally showing his ‘heart & soul, blood & sweat, pride & joy’ work to his family at 8:55am my time. As soon as I hugged & kissed my boy goodbye and made sure both his feet were out of the car, I immediately made a forbidden U-ie (hehe, I mean U-turn) in front of the protesting on-duty teacher, and made a dash homeward. I don’t know how many squirrels or its other furry friends my speeding car has rolled on (The Canadian Wildlife Association will be issuing an arrest warrant any minute now) before I made a squeaking, haphazard angled stop in my driveway. Good, 8:52am, still got 3 minutes! I broke open the door, flew upstairs and frantically grabbed my mouse and clicked! WHAT?!

I was greeted with a BLACK screen and that ‘buffering % indicator’. OK good, it’s increasing – 8%, 15%, 23%, 45%, 56%, 74%, 86%, 36%, 14%, 1% ……Why? Why is it going down again???? Then it just froze there, no sound, no picture, just a long silent wait ……


Boy, it’s past 8:55am already! Who has time to wait for 1% to crawl slowly back up to 100% again? I started greedily switching to other links, RATS?! I was greeted with more unwelcome messages :

The server session limit was exceeded!
or
WMP cannot play the file because the server is busy, try again later!

For the next 50 minutes, I was basically a ‘mouse-clicking’ robot. My fingers were so numb and I was about to give up, then at 9:52am, suddenly a very warm and familiar voice came on and I knew I knew it was him, my King! It only lasted for 2 seconds, just 2 seconds and the screen was still black, but it was enough to raise my spirit again.


We have many quick and smart sisters who can navigate through the net like fish in the water, and of course there is the slow one like me who is a just tad faster than a 100 years old turtle and misses out on everything. Ha, but if you think I feel discouraged, not at all. That’s the benefits of living in this Bae world – you build up so much faith and trust in other sisters that I have full confidence once the show is over, within minutes, I will see screencaps, vods, and afterthoughts written about the Special. Ha, and I am right (for a change) and thanks to these dear sisters, I just loveeeeeeeee my BYJ family!

Please note : all screencaps here are by zeze from cafe.daum.net/byjfamily. For a complete collection of vods and screencaps of this TWSSG special, please visit freeboard in byjfamily.


Today, our articulate mishio blogged about “Success is defined by what you give into an effort rather than what you get out of it”. Even though I did not get to watch simultaneously with my dear sisters, but I already feel like a part of the family being in the process participating with everyone. Or I can think like what bb said : If I could contribute my tiny part in overloading the server, then it shows how much overseas support our King has!

Besides, there is always tomorrow, I still have 24 other chances! Aja Aja Fighting!

Calling sister moontime, a very nice sister has asked me to get in touch with you. Do you mind giving me your email address or PM me (jaimez) in Quilt or soompi? Thanks!

18 comments:

gosijo said...

Ah, Jaime, after seeing your earlier post, I succumbed to the temptation of trying from work, just for a few minutes but, no, no luck for me either, not even a snippet of that velvety voice.

vegasbyj said...

Jaime dear - I am so sorry to learn you did not have a chance to watch. I managed to log on but it was "hit and miss" for all the 30 mins I could watch. From what I did see, it looks great. I'm sure you've seen many of the screen caps and vods others have so kindly posted and shared. We are lucky to have such wonderful, quick and techno savy sisters.

I hope you'll get a chance to watch episode 1. I'm gonna try again in the morning to log on and see what I can see.

You have a great evening.
Will cross fingers and toes and hope that you and other sisters can log on and watch.

bbmag said...

hi hi ladies, do try the tv ants way i suggested.... am pretty sure you will be able to watch it... pretty smooth without buffering too, tho the resolution could be better.

good luck tonight! i won't be able to watch it, boohoohoo.... :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Chinggu!

Huhuhuhuhuhuhu! sob, sob..... I share your disappointment last nite. I was waiting for about 30 minutes in front of the tv set but no TWSSG introductory program was aired! To think that it was via satellite! Don't know if it was shown at a later time coz I was already surfing the net for the connections that were posted here & everywhere else for live MBC shows.

Like what you said, I still have 24 chances to connect starting tonight! Hope we can both get to watch it. Aja, aja!

Love,
Judy

jaime said...

really gosijo, you tried it at work? did u close your office door, and tell your colleagues that you will be having video conferencing every Wed & Thurs morning for the next 12 weeks?

good luck tomorrow and please do try what bb has suggested in her blog :)

jaime said...

My dear vegas, I'm happy to hear about your half success story. I am confident about tomorrow and I will use bb's method :) Good luck to you too!

Have you watched the vods from zeze? I am still on #3, but it's so good to see him acting again. Fighting!

jaime said...

thank Q thank Q princess, you are a lifesaver. I installed TV ants just as you said and it's playing smoothly. As for tomorrow? hehe, I trust you, if you say it will play, then I am sure it'll play.

Sorry that you won't be able to watch, but with those kind hearted Korean sisters, we really don't miss anything :)

jaime said...

chinggu, I can't believe you couldn't watch via satellite! Hopefully it's just last night.

I wonder if 9:55pm is the best timeslot for an important drama like TWSSG, seems kind of late to me?? Well, maybe Koreans sleep late. btw, isn't it very very late in Manila by then?

Good luck chinggu, I hope your satellite reception will be fine tonight!

love ... jaime

vegasbyj said...

thanks Jaime!

I also downloaded tv ants and it works fine - thank you to our dear Princess bb!
Hoping for the best for all of us!

aja aja!!
fighting!

bbmag said...

have you heard? there's gonna be repeat broadcast over the weekend! wonder if this is 'normal'... i mean, for them to repeat so soon! must be the good reviews so far spurring the on...

anyway, i've posted the timing on my blog... if you missed last night's, you'd have a chance to catch it again this saturday afternoon, korean time at around 2pm!

and... jaime, that timeslot is the usual timeslot for MBC dramas... so the koreans are used to it la. which works out best for the chinese, taiwanese and southeast fans, coz we're an hour behind... 8:55pm our time seems to be the perfect time to be watching k-dramas :p

p.s. glad to hear the ants are working out for you fine... maybe judy could try that too :)

p.p.s. i've shared this with jill, and she's found it to work for her as well.

MYMY said...

jaimey onni... (/_;)
good luck for tonight but im sure that tvants will work!
BB ONNI!!!!! thanks it also works for me! mwah! (^3^)/
(o^-')b Good luck everybody!

mymy(^(I)^)

Anonymous said...

Hi
Let me make feel better yet again
WE had a Thunderstorm that rip trees apart and took down powerlines,
there for we had no electricity or internet for 2 days.

The net is back Thank God,
and I'm at work but could not resist.

So I was thinking
I'm so missing the hole thing.

So I could not contribute to the server being overloaded,
imagine the poor thing,
it circuits going crazy from all of that.

A good thing from all of this is that they no know that he has so much support all over that the servers can't take it.

Darling
I berly go to quilt
but I will try

or

Would you mind if I just post my eamil in a reply?

Moontime

jaime said...

Hi moontime,

please go ahead and leave your email address here. If you want me to, I'll delete it after I see it, ok? thanks!

jaime said...

hi vegas & mymy ... great to hear that you are connected, just like me. Happy watching!

thanks bb for the re-run schedule. I am 13 hours behind meaning it's 1am for me, but since I'm a night owl, perfect!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm 10 or 11 hours behind the only bad thing about that
is that I'll be at work when it airs, hope they keep showing it o the weekends.

Moontime

jaime said...

dear moontime,

I am sorry to hear that you cannot watch it live. You do know about the rerun schedule posted in bb's blog, right?

Korean time
9/15 Saturday
special - 13:10
episode 1 - 14:05

9/16 Sunday
episode 2 - 14:10
episode 3 - 15:15

Happy watching!

p.s thanks for the email address, I'll write you later.

love ... jaime

Anonymous said...

Thank you honey
I love BB's blog
I think she is amazing.

I'll be up like and Owl in the weekend, and oh Yes it will be whort it.

Moontime