Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

Hi dear sisters ...... this past weekend, I didn’t have access to my computer, plus I have other personal issues to attend to, so I just conveniently stayed away from any link to technology. It surprises me though how disconnected I felt to the outside information-overload world, then I realize how much I have become relied on (and addicted to) the internet world. To look at it on the bright side, it did give me a chance to shift my attention away from that LCD screen and started observing my surroundings once again – the people and the ‘touch n feel’ world.


I often question myself if I have been neglecting others’ kind gestures towards me when my passion has been so intensely focused on BYJ? Without a computer right at my face, I begin to notice beautiful innocent smiles greeting me, understanding trusting eyes sparkling at me but regrettably, also the lonely neglected faces that desire comforting too. How did I manage to let those precious moments when ‘spring blossom emits its fragrance’, ‘summer breeze brushing by the cheeks’, ‘fall color lit up the fields and valleys’ and ‘winter snow sparkling under the stars’ slip by me without even noticing?

The world is indeed very beautiful and amazing. I admit under the ideals of BYJ, I live and look at the world more cheerfully and optimistically. It’s like putting on a pair of eyeglasses with corrective lens, the world is filled with love, smile and compassion. What is wrong with desiring to live in love, peace and harmony? The question is : how do you strike a balance without overdoing it?


Hehe, speaking of eyeglasses, I am sure most of us have already watched his yummylicious CF making video in Megane-Ichiba. Do you notice that when HRH was trying on different styles of frames, its serial number is actually displayed on the bottom right? Smart advertising, eh? Even inside the making video!


Just read this post in Baidu that HRH has renewed his CF contract with KeangNam Enterprises. Remember those very tastefully done CFs on the modern condominiums?


Pictures from Baidu/wlbyj
Original post in café.daum.net/byjfan - haemi

P.S. dear sisters, I hope I don't sound too odd today. As the title suggests, it's really just random thoughts - no purpose at all, keep smiling :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear jaime,

Long time no see.
It's a lovely autumn day here.
I know everything is in moderation or
well balabced.
But when it comes to YJ,I'm inclined to foget this.
So making a trip or reading very interesting books
is one of the ways from staying away from PC.
Honestly I've find that difficlt while TWSSG is on air.
Now I'm watching it on Saturday as sitting late at night
affect following days.
I saw his new and brief CF this morning by chance.
This CF shows him in a light mood though without a dog.
I'll take a walk after this.
Thanks for remimding me of too much
dependancy on PC.
Enjoy beutiful days oout there !!
moichan

gosijo said...

Hi Jaime,

I like this philosophical post and wholeheartedly agree on the balance issue. Perhaps it's normal to think "oops, I've overdone it there". Perhaps it's what leads us to that elusive balance.

I see you've put the version with lyrics and RSW's lovely voice, this time, as your background music. Great!

I too, noticed the clever advertizing ploy used in the cf-making VOD, hee, hee!

Remember last week you referred to HRH as a rock star? And, this week, we know you were pre-scient. Why? Didn't you see the two electric guitars leaning against the shelves in the background of the MI cf?

jaime said...

My dear moichan,

Nice to hear from you again. Did you enjoy the beautiful nature and scenaries in Australia?

You are very smart to choose your own time to enjoy BYJ. Following TWSSG's broadcast time can pose some incovenience to our schedule at times. I usually do my morning stretch or bring all my chores near the computer to do. When there is no HRH, I'll do my work. When I hear his voice, I immediately spring back to my chair and glue my eyeballs on him :)

Please enjoy your walk, I heard it's great for the health. Take care!

love .... Jaime

jaime said...

hi dear gosijo,

I'm glad you like RSW's voice, I love when he talks and sings, so gentle and soothing. Totally opposite to the strong and sexy voice of HRH, but equally attractive.

You are so obervant, nothing escapes your eyes, does it? Thank you for pointing out the electric guitars, I know they try to present a designer's rustic loft/studio there.

Dear gosijo, me too. I am still trying to find that balance. I think the major issue is - we are not just fans who watch his DVDs and net-surfing at leisure. We have actually included him and his family into our lives. His ideals, his integrity, his values, his love, the sisters' love are all ingrained into our minds and hearts. It is not a hobby anymore, like flower arranging, that I can just drop and move on to other ones. It has actually become a lifestyle, rather than a hobby. Do I make any sense? Still no answer, sorry :(

love ... jaime

MYMY said...

onni, did you know that u scared me? i tot u would leave us(bae world)...
yah we need to balance our lives in every ways... school, communication, hobbys, leisure, relationship even in food but sometimes we just forget/ignore the things that were not good at...
hm, but.... its kindda hard (^^;)

jaime said...

my dear mymy,

Oh I am sorry that I scared you. I guess I didn't express myself too well as I don't really have a point, more like a question :) I know mymy, there's a lot of crossroads we have to face in our lives, especially for you who still have a long road ahead of you.

A lot of times, we have to use our judgement based on all the facts and information available to us (i.e using our minds). Then there are times when hearts prevails and precedes everything. When all fails, remember what MinHyung told Yujin, "sometimes in life we are at a crossroad, we don't know if we should go this way or that way. If you can't decide, it's not a bad idea to let someone you trust to hold your hand and let him lead." Hehe, we'll let HRH lead (by example)?

love ... Jaime

P.s. my dear mymy, I try to send you an email, but it is rejected. Will you please send me an email so I know your latest email addy? Thanks!

gosijo said...

Dear Jaime,

you make perfect sense.

Perhaps the questions are just as important as the answers. Let's keep seeking together...

bbmag said...

one thing i've always said when it comes to all things bae... everything in moderation :)

i think we all turn to wuri yong joon for different reasons, and i also think he may affect us differently.

for some, he reminds us of love. and with that, we can channel this love into a positive energy and let it infuse our lives and remind us to feel and to love again.

for some, he reminds us of a gentler and more beautiful world where manners actually matter. so because of him, we can stop more often to perhaps smell more roses, then i think an overdose of bae-indulgence is fine.

for some, he's about all the values and principles that we all want to persevere and uphold, but somehow lose the tenacity halfway. he's like the person i wanna be. so in cases like this, he can be an inspiration or a beacon.

all these will bring good influences. so long as we're not using him as sort of escapism, i think most of us do have the good sense to put in abit of balance into our lives.

jaime is so right about him being a lifestyle. that's exactly the case with me. to me, it's about accommodating him into my life without giving up on the other parts of my life that are just as important (or even more important).

to me, being a bae fan is about enriching one's life, and not making compromises or sacrificing things in order to be a bae fan. am i making sense at all? :p

gosijo said...

Hi bb,

I think your occasional gentle reminder of "everything in moderation" is a great way to help us all stay in better balance.

Love what you wrote above!

jaime said...

Thanks bb and gosijo,

I really value your analysis. Allow me to post it out, ok?

love ... jaime