Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Toronto Get-Together

Well, it’s been a year since the Toronto sisters last got together. The 9 of us met on Friday night at a Chinese vegetarian restaurant. I must say I was very happy to see gosijo and Ivory again as I grow very fond of them since our small lunch ‘date’ this past summer. We all know gosijo has a very unique perspective on matters. Using my very crude analogy, much like the spinning Chinese lantern in Mid-autumn Festival revealing to us the many facets on one single object. When you meet her in person, she is a very elegant, gentle and level headed lady, making her so approachable and likable. We talked and talked like old friends, and letting those delicious dish swirl past us countless times. Sorry gosijo, did you have to go home and munch on more snacks that night?



Since food is not really my thing, so naturally I forgot what I ate just 5 minutes after swallowing it into my stomach, let alone taking any pictures to prove it. Having said that, ignoring feast to my mouth is one thing, but I cannot live without the feast to my eyes – our darling handsome prince Damdeok. Once again, this department is kindly taken care of by our selfless sister Ivory. Every time when Ivory came out, she always carries bags and bags of BYJ goodies to show and to share. Since Ivory had been to Korea and met BYJ many times, so she always has many heart-warming stories to tell. (btw, did you know that this lady has been physically ‘touched’ by our prince? Well, if you’re interested, let me know and we’ll do a post on that touching BYJ story, k?) With Ivory’s enthusiastic personality and colourful description, BYJ really sounded like a real person standing in front of us!



The highlight of our evening came when we received a surprise phone call from Coco in Vancouver. My heart started to pound when they said Coco was on the phone. Well, Coco has always been with the Toronto BYJ sisterhood in spirit way before I entered into the picture. She actually introduced me to this group of wonderful sisters. When she asked to speak to me, I was very nervous as I know her quite well through emails, yet I have never heard her voice or met her. Here came the sweetest, softest voice from the other end of the line. I can’t describe that joyous and warm feeling, like speaking to a long lost sister, really!

Thank you to my dear sisters for writing a wonderful chapter in my life!

15 comments:

vegasbyj said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. I was wondering how your get togther was and now I know. You are also very lucky to have a circle of sisters with whom you can share BYJ. Another heart warming story- good for the soul. I am still in awe of this most awesome network of family - from your neighboring states to all across the globe. Truly fantastic!

ps: You have a wonderful way with words - LOVE IT!!

jaime said...

yeah dear vegas, I am always grateful for my fate of knowing nice sisters like you and others.

love ... jaime

Toujours_BYJ said...

Thanks Jaime for sharing, I'm glad you enjoy your gathering although I'm a little envious lah ...
coco is really nice to call you, she is such a sweet sis and it's natural she has the sweetest and softest voice.

bbmag said...

i want hear the touching story!!!
story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story story

jaime said...

heh my dear camille,

no need to be envious lah, maybe we all fly to Seoul someday for a Bae get-together, k?

love .... jaime

jaime said...

ok ok princess, please allow me to get the fact straight first from Ivory. hehe, don't want to miss any minute details, you know :)

love ... jaime

gosijo said...

Hi Jaime,

Love your account! You know, another good thing is that that restaurant is very brightly lit so it meant we could see all those yummilicious pics very well.

In answer to your question, I was more than sated with the non-food aspects of our lovely evening.

jaime said...

hi hi gosijo,

good point good point. yeah, last year the Korean restaurant is very dimly-lit and we all smell like bulgogi, hahaha :)

love ... jaime

xiaoyi said...

Dear jaime,

Thanks for sharing such wonderful experience meeting with other sisters. I'm feeling really guilty, as i've missed our Malaysian sisters'gathering for a few times, as there's always last minutes things happening, and with young kids always 'attached' to me, which make it quite difficult for me to attend gatherings....sigh..
I really hope I could meet up with the others for our next gathering...
Thanks again, dear!!

Love, xiaoyi

bbmag said...

huh? did someone say trip to DDland? must tell me okie?!!

p.s. ya, details and more details are extremely important when relating bae-encounters :p

jaime said...

oh xiaoyi,

I'm sorry to hear that you've missed a few gatherings w/ the Malaysian sisters. It's just so much fun and different to meet Bae sisters from your own girlfriends. The girls always have endless things to say about BYJ and the laughs never stops. YOu can just feel that closeness instantly.
I hope you can make it next time, hehe, maybe ask hubby to have a daddy-son night out?

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hehe princess, I guess I am not very detailed, eh? I'll leave this mission to our dear gosijo cos she can write a much better report than me w/ her unique perspective. I told her I'd just write about the few sisters who left me the deepest impression :) Please stay tune ....

love ... jaime

xiaoyi said...

Thanks jaime, haven't been having much girls talks these past few years...haha..
Might be bringing them along for my next bae sisters gathering... he he...will see how..

Love, xiaoyi

bbmag said...

am staying tuned... too tuned, in fact :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime and all,

Wowowow, you and gosijo have written such GREAT stories of your gathering!! I just loved reading them, and I was soooo glad to be able to talk to many of you last Friday. (Sorry to be a week late replying here!)

My dear Jaime, it was so good to hear your voice too! I was excited to talk to the Toronto sisters I'd met before, who are so often in my thoughts and prayers, and I was VERRRRY excited to talk to you because we know each other so well now, even tho we've never "met" -- what a treat!!

Now we need to focus on putting together our First Annual North American BaeFamily Gathering, right??? And we need to find a way to invite our Prince to come as our oh-so-honoured guest, RIGHT???? Hahaha, who knows, it could happen!!!

But we all also need to get to Korea together.... hmmm, I wonder which will come first, haha!

love to everyone,
coco