Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wise words from the Princess

I love to raise questions, mainly it's because I don't know much and am confused. But I am also very lucky to have wise sisters like bb and gosijo who are so analytical and observant, all the facts are laid out so clearly for me. Dear gosijo, you are so right, sometimes the question is equally important as the answer. Thank you princess, moderation - so well said!



This is bb's comment to my 'Random Thoughts' post :

one thing i've always said when it comes to all things bae... everything in moderation :)

i think we all turn to wuri yong joon for different reasons, and i also think he may affect us differently.

for some, he reminds us of love. and with that, we can channel this love into a positive energy and let it infuse our lives and remind us to feel and to love again.

for some, he reminds us of a gentler and more beautiful world where manners actually matter. so because of him, we can stop more often to perhaps smell more roses, then i think an overdose of bae-indulgence is fine.

for some, he's about all the values and principles that we all want to persevere and uphold, but somehow lose the tenacity halfway. he's like the person i wanna be. so in cases like this, he can be an inspiration or a beacon.

all these will bring good influences. so long as we're not using him as sort of escapism, i think most of us do have the good sense to put in abit of balance into our lives.

jaime is so right about him being a lifestyle. that's exactly the case with me. to me, it's about accommodating him into my life without giving up on the other parts of my life that are just as important (or even more important).

to me, being a bae fan is about enriching one's life, and not making compromises or sacrificing things in order to be a bae fan. am i making sense at all? :p

7 comments:

vegasbyj said...

Hi Dear Jaime!

I've been staring at this comment screen for a few mintues trying to gather my thoughts while enjoying the wonderful new pictures. Can't seem to type today...[bleh]

Anyways, I've been enjoying your thought provoking posts. You have given us some "food for thought" which I see both bb and gosijo have so wonderfully expressed their thoughts and opinions. I will always remember bb saying "everything in moderation when it comes to Bae things". And that is something we can apply to our daily lives as well. I like the thought of "BYJ being a lifestyle" and not a way of life. He does bring many different things to all of us and we are able to choose how we wish to incorporate those many different things into our own lives. The power to choose - now that's power.

Please continue to "feed us" so that we all can continue to grow.

thanks for all!!

jaime said...

my dear vegas,

thank you for sharing your thoughts on how you handle this Bae business. I love your motto 'power to choose'! Our destiny is set, but how we choose to walk this path, cheerfully together or prudently alone is entirely up to us.

I can't imagine walking this Bae journey without you dear sisters. He is the inspiration, but we Bae sisters are the motivators and support to each other.

You are so kind w/ your words always, dear vegas. Love you all .... jaime

vegasbyj said...

You are always most caring and kind and loving!!!

bbmag said...

hi hi jaime dear!

hehe, abit of deja vu i was feeling there... remember when i would repost some of your comments in my blog? :p

and yea, like what vegas has said, keep 'feeding' us girl!

jaime said...

thanks bb, you and vegas always have such sensible minds and cheerful attitude.

love ... jaime

HeippieH said...

love the way bb put it. I am thinking to paste it to my blog, like to gather what I like to my "memory space". Thanks everyone.

mishio said...

hey there jaime,
Gotta agree with everyone up there - love the questions you've raised and of courses, the outpouring of sensible and eloquent answers from our super smart sisters. Yea, really just love what bb's written here - it's dead on right.

You know, the fact that someone is aware of these issues is already half the battle won. Like any out of control "addiction" if you will, it usually goes hand in hand with denial.

This whole balance thing - it is a question that I deal with every single day, I kid you not. How can you define a person who is overboard vs. one that is not? Everything is so relative.

It is undeniable that BYJ (or any other interest) has done a lot of good without express intent. In the most extreme, we've all heard of the ladies who've found the motivation and renewed hope to fight certain ills after finding something positive to look forward to everyday. Sure, he's no mighty healer, but the improved mindset he (or any positive hobby) generated cannot be ignored. To those ladies, is surfing 4-6 hours of BYJ news a day extreme if it's doing them more good than not? If I judge them by my standards, a loss of 4-6 hours a day on any hobby would cause my life, as it exists, to crumble. Again, so very relative.

And there are so many extensions of BYJ-ism. Other than keeping up with the "news and action," what about the new friends we've cultivated withing the circle. I'm sure your email box is plumper than it has ever been these days.

The other interests - language classes, travels, aquisition of computer skills, etc, etc keep us busier than ever before. Expanding our horizons in this way - where to draw the line between where the positives end and the negatives begin?

I think the key is to stay grounded and true to our goals, responsibilities, and priorities in life, which are fuzzier for some than others, but that which everyone, if they search hard enough in their heads, is ultimately quite clear.

Each of us have a clear idea of what is truly important and a vision of the ideals that we aspire to. When we start falling short of those purposes in life, whether our own or defined by social standards, it's time to reel back.

Don't know when? Look around - there are hints all around. Like when my dad groans, "what? You choose - it's going to Korea or keeping my last name! Which is it, huh? " (haha, folks, that's once a year!! Dad just exaggerates so much!)

Or friends that whine, "we never seem to see you anymore, so there's so much leftover food on the table." Kids that moan "mom's on a computer date with her Korean hunk again!?" or "why are you decorating my hamburger patty with a ketchup laced BYJ design?" :)

Ultimately, when I sense that my BYJ-related activities are deterring me from crucial steps on my path, you see me shrinking backwards - hence the multitude of absences.

So.............dear jaime,
sorry that you had to suffer the consequences of opening that can of worms for me. That was a really stimulating and relevant subject you've raised.

Anyway, please take a step back often as you just had. As long as you keep that habit, you'll develop the proper perspective. Yep, you're ok, sis!

*Dude, been writing for a while now - is it 2008 yet?*