Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A 'Touching' Encounter

I wanted to write about this ‘touching’ BYJ encounter a year ago when I first heard it. But since it’s not my own personal story and I haven’t obtained the consent from the involving sister yet, so it had been cooled off and put aside. This desire is revived again when the topic was brought up during our recent TO gathering. Since our princess bb has shown immense interest in this story, so I called up our devoted BYJ sister Ivy for a second by second account of her ‘getting physical’ with HRH. (well, based on historical data, most sisters’ encounters with HRH are only in seconds, so I hope I am not too far off here)




Time : August 2005 April Snow Promotion Tour

Place : Prohibited Passenger Arrival area in Taipei International Airport

Characters : Hero – the irresistibly gorgeous Prince Bae Yong Joon
Heroine – a devoted, kind-hearted fan Ivy



Setting : He arrives

Pulling in all their networks and exhausting their resources, hundreds of die-hard fans have uncovered the arrival flight of our Prince at Taipei International Airport. They conveniently scheduled their own flights to arrive just ahead of our Prince’s so they could greet him ‘intimately’ inside the Prohibited Passenger Arrival Area. (Hehe, of course ‘intimate’ is a relative term : when we say ‘intimate’ with BYJ, we’re talking about hundreds of drooling fans here. When we say ‘public’, please multiply at least 10 more times to the fans and the screaming that comes with it!) To amplify the confusion, this ‘greeting’ was also joined by hundreds of curious airport personnel, stern-faced police and security officers, and aggressive reporters from all over Asia!



Trigger : He conquers

The Prince’s airplane touched down safely amidst the eager awaiting of his fans. He stepped out of the aircraft and was met by calling, clapping, screaming, waving and flashlights zapping here and there from all 16 directions. Being a top star and a true professional who loves his family so much, Yong Joon returned his fans’ love with his pure heart and beautiful smile. Our noble prince then proceeded onto a ‘moving sidewalk’ with his entourage while our heroine Ivy, other fellow fans and reporters were following very closely outside along the ‘sidewalk’. They were holding onto the moving handrails so they could walk (or make it jog) at the same pace as our prince. Now you can picture when you have rows and rows of fans leaning against each other, together with reporters sticking their microphones out, photographers carrying heavy equipments all trying to crowd towards an electrical/ mechanical moving machine, it is accidents waiting to happen.



Climax : He rescues

All of a sudden, a photographer carrying a heavy video equipment lost his balance and started to fall backwards onto a tiny woman right in front of Ivy. The poor woman of course is no match against this big man and huge equipment, so she started falling backwards too onto Ivy like a domino. Now our quick-thinking Ivy had 2 choices flashed across her mind : she had enough time and room to just step aside so she wouldn’t get hurt herself OR she could use her own body to absorb the poor woman’s fall to save her from being crushed. Our very kind-hearted Ivy did not even think twice but continued to use all her strength to grip onto the handrail very tightly. But how was a single her able to support both the photographer and the woman’s weight from falling? Her selfless act is about to be rewarded by the gallant rescue of her Prince Charming!


In this split second, Yong Joon witnessed the entire incident amidst all the screaming and struggling, was able to immediately determine where the critical point lies. Disregarding all the watchful eyes, Yong Joon dashed forward and left behind his entourage. With the astonished bodyguards and managers looking in shock, he grabbed both wrists of the ‘very very very very very very’ lucky Ivy with his strong and warm hand to help her stabilize herself. He must knew once Ivy had gained her balance, then she’d be able to push the woman in front of her back up straight, and then the photographer in front of her. (Now sisters, you have to remember that Yong Joon was still standing on a ‘moving sidewalk’ while all these decisions and actions are being executed! Imagine what quick reflexes this man has!!)



Ending : He leaves

Like most Bae sisters, Ivy was stunned (hehe, don’t know if it’s due to the fall or the fact that she’s been ‘touched’ by HRH?!) and didn’t know how to respond. Before she realized what had happened or contemplating how many days she wasn’t going to wash her hands, the gallant prince had already moved on. Maybe on his way to rescue another falling angel?



I hope you enjoy this (literally) ‘touching’ story that our TO sister Ivy has personally experienced. Please excuse me Ivy if I had unintentionally used my hyperactive mind again to dramatize or sensationalize the story a little bit. Thank you so much for letting me share your story. We all wish we had your ‘luck’!

(Oops! Sorry that I'm so engrossed in describing the logistics of the encounter and miss the most important findings in this story. Thanks gosijo for reminding me, here may I quote what you wrote :

"I recall Ivy stressing that, in person, he's sooooo incredibly beautiful and, also, that having seen him once in person will not be the sort of experience where you'll say: okay, I've seen him once, now I can keep him in my heart from afar. No! Ivy says it'll simply make you want to see him again and again and again."

Hehe, drooling again! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for sharing the 'touching story'. Of course you have shaked hands with Ivy haven't you?
I think I shook hands with you while you were in Tokyo, so it means I shook hands with our prince indirectly (not at second hand but third hand???), right?

cloud nine

bbmag said...

hey jaime! now i'm glad i asked! i didn't know about this very touching story!

wow, what an experience!

kindda reminds me of two incidents.... one was the same taipei trip, also happened at the airport, but this was when he was leaving. what happened was it was a real madhouse there with fans, security and reporters...

there was one over-zealous reporter who was clamouring ahead to get a good shot of him. if i remembere the story correctly, the reporter was on the escalator next to the one wuri yong joon was on, in opposite direction. and he was trying to push and get ahead of everyone when he lost his balance... wuri yong joon somehow noticed it and reached to grab the man before an accident could happen....

then i thought of the other incident whereby he was in the states after FL... think he was invited by HITE beer to have an autograph session there. he was in the midst of the interview when one of the overzealous security staff was rough with a young girl-fan. wuri yong joon suddenly stood up from the interview and grabbed the guard and told him off. he then proceeded to give that poor girl an autograph!

what marvelled and amazed me is how he seems so alert to everything and everyone! i mean, he didn't even appear to be looking in that particular direction of the accident-waiting-to-happen, and yet each time, he just appears like a superhero!!

anyhow, i digress... thanks much much for sharing!

gosijo said...

Dear Jaime,

Great narrative! I hadn't caught all the nuances last year.

Now, let me see... With Ivy, we usually hug rather than shake hands, so does that me I've been hugged "second-hand" by our super-hero? Moi??

jaime said...

hahaha my dear cloudnine and gosijo,

I give you something even better :) We have this Korean sister in the group whom Yong Joon knows about. He had hugged her 2 BIG times! She gave me (I'm sure you too, gosijo) a BIG BEAR hug last year and I've hugged you, so cloudnine, you've 'unofficially' been hugged by our Prince!!

Hmmmm gosijo .... do u think there'll be a mad dash of sisters running to hug us?? :)

love ... jaime

jaime said...

yeah bb, you'll think amid all the crowds and actions, who would notice (especially not him) these little tiny incidents or mishaps going on? I know we shouldn't make him sound like a super human-being, but he really is so blessed with all these amazing ability.
glad you enjoy this story.

love .. .jaime

bbmag said...

wait... cloudnine!!! i've hugged you, right? so you've hugged jaime, jaime has hugged that korean sister who has hugged and been hugged by wuri yong joon, so... i can claim that i've been hugged by wuri yong joon 'fourth-hand'?!! :p

jaime said...

ok now bb, so you've hugged cloudnine, cloudnine has hugged me, so I've hugged you too .... and I've hugged gosijo, so gosijo has hugged you too!

wait a minute, WHO's hugged WHO???

bbmag said...

hehe.... it sure sounds like everyone has hugged everyone... or at the very least, everyone has hugged someone :p

MYMY said...

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! IM NEXT!
IVE ALSO HUGGED JAIME ONNI AND ALSO CLOUDNINE ONNI, SO THAT MEANS!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA>>>
zzzzzz

Toujours_BYJ said...

OMG, you gals will make me faint with all these hugs ha ha.
Thanks Jaime, I enjoy reading this encounter with your unique style very much.
And hey, I've hugged cloud nine in Korea, so it means I also hugged "who" ?

jaime said...

hahaha my dear mymy and camille,

I think we need to write a program with a timeline to compute different combinations and permutations of these multi-national hugs. Hey maybe at the end, Yong Joon has already directly or indirectly hugged all his fans! :)

love .... jaime

P.S. But I still want the direct one though :(

Anonymous said...

Dear Chinggu,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience you had with the LUCKY ONES! Please save a hug for me coz I want one, I want one toooo!(copying from our dear Princess bb).

Love , Judy

vegasbyj said...

do cyber hugs and handshakes count???

i want
i want
i want

(to quote our princess)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely great story.

Gives hope to all of us that one day .......

If not then I am willing to stand in line for the related hug.

Oh wait, I am dying to directly shake that gorgeous hand. I would probably faint and hit the ground if I saw a hug coming my way.

I need to go and start dreaming now!

jaime said...

hehe chinggu,

I am just the 'second hand' lucky ones, Yong Joon would be happy to know how we spread his love

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hihi vegas,

I think everything counts here in the Bae world since our love for him is so pure (ok ok, not so pure sometimes :)

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hi hi byjforever,

glad you enjoy the story. I hope you will have a chance to shake HRH's hand in person. If it happens, please make sure you tell us so we can get in line to shake your hands, ok?

love ... jaime