Sunday, January 13, 2008

Coming of Age day


OhaiyooGazaimasu ...... Today is a national holiday in Japan, it's called 'Coming of age' Day (Seijin no hi). This is to celebrate young men and women who have reached the age of 20 (hatachi), 20 is the legal age which they can vote and drink. This is a very cold morning and the streets are especially quiet. As I understand from cloudnine, the young ladies will head for the beauty salons later to have their hair and make up done, then dress up in the very formal and beautiful kimono. There will be civic ceremonies held in city halls and temples to recognize these young people, then they will celebrate with their families and friends. So I am eager to go out later to catch a glimpse of these fantastic sights.


But I have another reason to be exicted today. I will be meeting sister Mariko, her friends and cloudnine to watch the screening of TWSSG in Shinjuku Wald cinema. Mariko is a very warm and friendly sister and I love the chance to see her again. I am also eager to watch the spectacular cinematography of TWSSG on a big screen :) Will tell ya later, k?

8 comments:

vegasbyj said...

Happy "Coming of Age" Day!

I hope you have fun with Mariko, Cloud Nine and others and enjoy TWSSG on the big screen. I'm sure it will be even more fantastic seeing HRH on the big screen than a little computer screen.

Can't wait to read all about your day!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun today...Girls day out!!!

bbmag said...

boohoohoo, i want go too :(

p.s. but seriously, am so glad that you seem to be enjoying japan much much :)

jaime said...

hi hi vegas,

Yes, TWSSG day was a fun day. so relaxing and enjoyable. Have you finished watching TWSSG yet? I actually still haven't watched the entire drama yet.

love ... jaime

jaime said...

hi tamar,

thank you for your well wishes. Yes, it was a lot of fun with these sisters.

love ... jaime

jaime said...

yes bb, when are you popping over? we are waiting eagerly :)

love ... jaime

HeippieH said...

I love this HRH picture as well, so it became mine :-)

Love to read more, dear, have fun!

jaime said...

my dear h,

I was about to comment how much I love your avatar. Good taste!

love ... jaime